Monday, May 2, 2016

My Colonial Music Program

John Whitacre’s Music of the Colonies
I present a program of historical Celtic music from the 18th century. I play tunes that were popular in England, Scotland, Ireland, and the British colonies in the 1700s, explaining people and events associated with those tunes, the different types of tunes and their uses, and instruments played at the time. This program combines my love of early American history and music, and I draw the music from republications and reprints of books from the 18th century. I play a Baroque-Celtic style of music, using Baroque classical technique and traditional Celtic styles to recreate the Scottish Drawing Room style of the middle 18th century.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.